Zora Viel (they/them) is freelance Investigative Reporter for Rwebel. Zora is a 22-year-old journalist from Boston and an alum from the University of Florida College of Journalism. They began their life as a community organizer in 2018. Since then, their work focuses on uplifting marginalized communities through mutual aid, direct action, writing and more.
- The Uncomfortable Truth about Hip Hopby Javanna PlummerTrigger Warning: The following article contains detailed descriptions of domestic and sexual violence. Reader discretion…
- Black Lives Matter and Free Palestine are interconnectedby Javanna PlummerOn October 7, 2023, Hamas launched an attack on Israel. Hamas is a group that…
- Misogynoir is Black Women’s Other Pandemic, and it’s time to admit thatby Javanna PlummerIn many ways, misogynoir is Black women’s other pandemic. We are experiencing the effects of COVID-19 while still grappling with the effects of femicide and its subsidiaries.
- ‘They Cloned Tyrone’ masterfully portrays life in Black Americaby Javanna PlummerTLDR: violence, sex work, and pimping are manufactured by white supremacy (symbolized by The Glen’s all White gatekeepers).
- The Uphill Battle to “Say Gay” Amid Civil Rights Threatsby Javanna PlummerPride month may be coming to an end, but the fight for queer rights is…
- Yes, Sukihana is a victim.by Javanna PlummerSexualized Black Women can be victims too.
- The Most Profound Celebrity Moments Blind Justiceby Ateeq RehmanAuthor Ateeq Rehman Ateeq Rehman is a freelance contributor for Rwebel. View all posts
- Three reasons why it’s about to be a sapphic summerby Javanna PlummerThis summer is for the sapphics.
- REVIEW: Monaleo’s album is a testament to taking your timeby Javanna PlummerMonaleo took her time, and it paid off.
- Simply the best: A look back on the life of Tina Turnerby Javanna PlummerTina Turner led a long, prosperous life. Born Anna Mae Bullock on November 26, 1939,…
- PERSPECTIVE: America’s Mental Health Crisis Actually Has Nothing To Do With Gunsby Javanna PlummerIt’s time we were honest.
- Chicago inaugurates its 57th Mayor, signaling change for the cityby Javanna PlummerOn Monday, May 15 at the UIC Pavilion, Chicago installed its 57th mayor, Brandon Johnson….
- We analyzed CNN’s Town Hall with Donald Trump, and here are the 9 lies we foundby Javanna PlummerOn May 10, 2023, CNN held a Town Hall featuring former President Donald Trump. Coming…
- President Biden’s New Migration Policy Mirrors Trump-era policies, Critics Sayby Javanna PlummerCritics are saying this is a re-enactment of Trumpian policies.
- What happened to Jordan Neely? America’s White Vigilantism problem.by Javanna PlummerWhite vigilantism is on the rise.
- COMMENTARY: I Want Black People to Grow Oldby Javanna Plummer“These recent tragedies remind me one thing: I want Black people to grow old.”
- Frustration, Surprise As Chicago Closes Four Walmartsby Javanna PlummerHow can Black people invest in their own neighborhoods if they are always closings stores?
- Can Black Women bring value back to R&B?by Javanna PlummerR&B is not dead; just ask Black women.
- Darren Bailey, Paul Vallas, and Chicago’s Rejection of the Right Wingby Javanna PlummerDespite the hurdles and the dog whistles and the doubts placed on him, Johnson stepped up to the plate and proved himself to be the best candidate on the ticket.
- The Carpet is the Only Tradition the Oscars will Breakby Ateeq Rehman#OscarsSoWhite had it right.
- #ProtectBlackWomen Extends to the Healthcare Sectorby Mademoiselle AntoineBlack women are at the center of a public health emergency.
Javanna is the editor of "Rwebel Magazine," the architect behind "Rwebel Radio," and the pioneering force of "Xscape." Through her words, Javanna hopes to inspire creativity, passion, and forward-thinking.